Location: College of Lake County in Grayslake, Illinois
On: Thursday, the 9th of April
Ever have a need to search, analyze, or visualize your data? If you have, and you want to learn about one of the hottest open source set of tools in that space, join me for a whirlwind tour through the Elasticsearch ecosystem.
We'll spend time:
- Talking about Elasticsearch - what it is and what it can do,
- Getting a high level view of what an Elasticsearch cluster is and how it's arranged,
- Walking through a variety of summaries and demos, including:
- Analysis (in the context of full-text search),
- and Aggregates.
- Talking a bit about the ELK stack (Elasticsearch + Logstash + Kibana)
- Wrapping things up with coverage of some of the resources available to move forward with Elasticsearch.
Rick Haffey has worked as a software developer for the last 15 years. He's been involved in projects across a wide range of industries, including retail, finance, insurance, legal, and healthcare. He's currently working as a senior developer for Fanatics, Inc., building internal merchandising and marketing tools in the e-commerce space. Although most of his professional career has been focused largely in the .NET world, Rick enjoys learning about a wide range of tools and technologies, and how those can be applied to help solve interesting problems.